Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kustom RideZ: 2009 Nissan GT-R

Kustom RideZ

Two weeks since I put up a work in progress notice, and the GT-R is done. I have had less time due to preparations for my upcoming exams next week. I have been customizing as a method of destressing. :-)

Photobucket


Anyway, as I mentioned this was a co-custom build with danielh. My plan was to build a street version of the GT-R, whilst he builds the track version. In this version, I used putty heavily to mould a wide body kit.

Photobucket

I started off by paint stripping the GT-R, then proceeded with cutting off the rear wing.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The next step was moulding the putty to get the shape that I wanted for the body kit. Basically, it was:

1. Knead.
2. Shape.
3. Let it sit.
4. Sand.
5. Repeat.

Then repeat until you get the desired shape. I used a dremel and the sanding stone attachment to get shape the putty into a smooth and flat surface. Then I use sandpaper to further refine the surface.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then next step was to fit the replacement wheels I got from Maisto for it. Since the rear wheels are larger, I had to make a larger wheel well.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The following steps should be elementary if you have followed my customs so far. Primer -> Paint -> Decal + Detail -> Gloss. If you need more info, click on the Kustom Methods tab located on the right sidebar.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I detailed the interior, painted the rims, painted the chassis fabricated parts and painted them.

Photobucket
Photobucket


And then, voila! The end result!

Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09
Custom #13 - 31/10/09

This is not the last of the GT-R customs, danielh and I will be rolling out another one each after this! Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Cj said...

hi daniel. i would like to ask how to do the carbon fiber hood. thanks.

Cj said...

sorry for the typo. i meant gee.

Eugene T. said...

hello cj! haha its easy to mistake me for daniel eh? ;-) anyway, i used 1/24 plastic model decals for the carbon fibre hood which i purchased off crazymodeler. you can buy them here:

http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1298

Cj said...

hi gee. sorry again for the typo. XD thanks for the info. im curently working on my tomica evo 7 gt-a. anyway thanks again for the info.