Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kustom Restoration: The Demon

Recently a good friend nicknamed demonicle requested I do a simple custom for him. Since his nickname was demonicle, he handed me a car named "The Demon" to be customized. He wanted The Joker tempo from Batman: The Dark Knight since his avatar on the forum was exactly that. So he passed me the carded car which looked like this:

image from southtexasdiecast.com

Initially, I just did some sticker fabrication on the sides and back.

Custom sticker (Demonicle)
Custom sticker (Demonicle)

After looking at it, he said he wanted a wheel swap and a revised tempo at the side too. I agree, the plastic wheels, despite the red line, won't look as good as rubber wheels. So I got a donor, and swapped wheels for it and fabricated new side tempos for it. :-)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

That looks better! The eyes are more visible, so from quite a number of angles the Joker's eyes look as if it is looking at you. Plus, the rubber wheels made it look a bit more menacing yet classy. And add a final touch...

Restoration #4 - 5/1/09

2 comments:

dowlah said...

another nice custom Eugene very good job also you get my email. Great job

Eugene T. said...

Austin - thanks! yeah, i got your email :-)