Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Collection: Hot Wheels '09 Corvette ZR1

It's been a while since I updated my collections! However, I find that with the low figure and promotions in Australia, I have swayed a bit from my original aim in collecting. I initially aimed to collect First Editions/Premiere/New Models of cars I fancy, be it supercars, japanese imports or american muscle.

Today, I will feature the Corvette ZR1 by Hot Wheels. Released initially in the iconic metallic light blue colour, Hot Wheels has since produced 3 recolours for the 2008 FE (metallic red, silver and a K-Mart exclusive yellow) and 2 recolours for the 2009 FTE Series (copper & green). As I collect primarily First Edition cars, I have skipped the FTE recolours since they do not offer anything more than just an extra black hood.

Currently one of the fastest and most powerful production vehicles in the world, the ZR1 was designed to be a high performance version of the Z06. Initially codenamed as the Blue Devil within GM, it does not disappoint. Featured in one episode of Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson's joy in driving this machine speaks volumes for this supercar.

ZR1
ZR1
ZR1

1 comment:

danielh said...

nice ZR1 collection! any plan for custom on this casting?